Monday 5 July 2010

Tot School- The letter "C"

Liam is 20 months old

Letter "C" has been fun. We have spaced out our projects and have been a little more relaxed over the last couple of weeks, but we are still learning a lot and having lots of fun!

**Letter "C" Activities**
All of my printables for this letter came from here this time.

Daddy and Liam painting our "C" Caterpillar

Liam has been really into coloring lately. He will come up to me and say "color" color" and run over to his table. It is so cute. The actual coloring usually only lasts a couple minutes, but I think it is cute that he will come ask me.
Making "C" cut out cookies. We made crosses, cars, circles, and C's.
I used my 50% coupon a few weeks ago at Joann's a got a box of 101 cookie cutters for only $8. It has all the letters and numbers and tons of shapes and holiday cutters, too! Funny the things I get excited about these days :-)

Liam did a great job helping :-)

Enjoying the cookies, the best part. Cute story, After I had given Liam his cookie I turned around and was putting all the cookies away. A few seconds later I looked down at Liam and his cookie was already gone. I said "Wow, you ate your cookie already!" He looked at me and signed "cookie" and "dog". I walk over, and sure enough, Lucy is sitting in the living room chomping down on Liam's cookie.

Using the "C' cookie cutters with our play dough.

Gluing pom pom's to our caterpillar
I "helped" a lot on this one.
**Memory Verse and Sign Language **
Memory Verse is taken from this book
Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
Colossians 3:20

"C" Signs we used this week
1. Cookie
2. Car
3. Chip
4. Coat
5. Color
6. Circle
7. Cross
8. Caterpillar
*For those of you interested in signing with your children, this is the resource that I use. I LOVE it, and have enjoyed the benefits of early communication with my son.
One of the things that I really like about it compared with some of the other "baby signing" programs is that this uses ASL whereas some of the other programs just use "baby" signs or "signed english" which is not the same a ASL.

Additional "C" activities we did this week (without pictures)
1. Starfall Letter C and Alphabet activities
2. Sesame Street Games (Liam LOVES this site!!)
3. Played with Cars
4. Played with our stuffed animal cats (Liam's favorite animal)
5. Made Crazy Crayons (Liam is not so sure about these yet)

**Things Liam Learned**
1. How to recognize the letter "C"
2. The sound the letter "C" makes
3. Words that start with the letter "C"
4. The Sign for the letter "C"
5. How to sign "cross" and "caterpillar"
6. How to say "C"

**Things Mommy Learned**
1. Liam's memory verse
2. That Liam can tell me things he likes to do
3. That it is ok if it takes 3, 4, or 5 times to finish an activity :-)
4. Attention spans of toddlers are not what we wish they were.


We also had fun celebrating the 4th of July with our sweet family :-)



Be sure to check out all the other tots here!

We are moving on the the letter "D"

3 comments:

  1. I also love signing time! Thanks for the sesame street site link i think Noarai is going to like it. Nice job working the vocabulary words with the cookie cutters, very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look great & thanks for the signing site.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. great ideas! I am excited to try them out this week!

    ReplyDelete